Pancakes have been a long-time, popular breakfast treat. For those who are dairy-free, however, traditional pancake recipes may not be an option due to the use of dairy-based ingredients such as milk and butter. But, no worries because this dairy free banana pancake recipe helps those of us with dairy issues be able to enjoy pancakes. These dairy free banana pancakes are incredibly easy to make and use simple ingredients that can easily be found at your local grocery store.
Due to the sweetness of the banana, you don’t need to add any sugar which makes these dairy free pancakes much healthier than traditional pancakes. The banana also contains potassium which is another health benefit. These dairy-free banana pancakes are fluffy, flavorful, and full of banana goodness. They taste great plain but you can also add a favorite dairy free topping such as maple syrup, almond butter, or fruit.
What ingredients will I need to make these dairy free banana pancakes?
To make these delicious, dairy free banana pancakes, you only need six simple ingredients: a banana, an egg, vanilla, flour, baking powder, and a dairy free milk alternative. Yep, that’s all! They are super simple to make.
Can this recipe be modified to be gluten free banana pancakes?
Yes, this dairy free banana pancake recipe can easily be modified to also be gluten free. You will only need the banana, egg, and vanilla. Just three simple ingredients. The consistency will be more like a crepe but it will still be tasty.
Dairy Free Banana Pancakes
- 1 mixing bowl (one with a pouring spout works best)
- 1 nonstick cooking pan
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
*only use the first 3 ingredients for gluten free crepes
- 2 tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. dairy free milk alternative (I use almond milk.)
For gluten free banana pancakes, only use the first 3 ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, smash one banana with a fork until mostly smooth
- add the egg and stir
- add the vanilla and stir
- add the flour and baking powder
- add the dairy free milk alternative and stir
- heat a nonstick pan on medium-low (3 or 4)
- spray with non-stick cooking spray
- add three or four tablespoons of the mixture to the heated pan
- you can use a spoon to smooth out the mixture and make it round
- cook until bubbles in the mixture start to pop or the edges look golden/lightly browned (about 2-3 minutes)
- flip with a spatula and cook the other side for about 2-3 minutes
- remove from pan when pancake looks cooked through