Oh, the classic chocolate chip cookie! Who can resist one fresh from the oven? The soft, sweet, chewy goodness and melted chocolate deliciousness.
With this dairy free chocolate chip cookie recipe, those of us with dairy allergies or lactose intolerance no longer have to fight the temptation to eat one or two or even six. Trust me, you won’t even be able to tell the difference between these and traditional chocolate chip cookies.
Watch the Recipe Video
Are these dairy free chocolate chip cookies hard to make?
I’ll walk you through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions to make these cookies. You’ll be surprised at how easy they are to make. I even provide a video along with the recipe so you can see exactly what to do.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for dairy free chocolate chip cookies as much as I do. They’re the perfect treat for anyone who wants to indulge without compromising their dietary restrictions.
- ½ cup dairy free butter alternative (Ex: Smart Balance, Earth Balance)
- ½ cup butter flavored Crisco (add 1 to 2 more tablespoons for chewier cookies)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups white flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- Add the dairy free butter, butter flavored shortening, white sugar, and brown sugar to a mixer or large bowl.
- Mix on low speed or stir until the ingredients are creamy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the sifted, dry ingredients a little at a time to the wet ingredients. Mix on low or stir as you add.
- When all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, you can either add the dairy free chocolate chips or form your cookies and add about 4 or 5 chips to each cookie.
- I use a small spoon to scoop out just enough dough for each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for approximately 12 minutes.