Is it possible to make a dairy-free mozzarella sauce? Yes, it sure is! I’ve got you covered with this quick and easy recipe.
So for those of us who love cheese but can’t have dairy, we can still enjoy some cheesy tasting goodness.
This dairy free mozzarella sauce can be used in baked mostaccioli, baked spaghetti, lasagne, or in whatever recipe you desire.
Watch the Recipe Video
You only need a few ingredients, a trusty blender, a whisk, and a sauce pan.
Dairy-Free Mozzarella Recipe
To make my dairy-free mozzarella sauce, combine the following ingredients in a blender:
1 cup cashew/almond milk (the type with pea protein works best)
2 cloves garlic
2 Tablespoons of flour (for gluten-free, omit the flour and add 1 more tablespoon of cornstarch)
2 Tablespoons of cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt (I like sea salt.)
2 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice (add last, just before blending)
Blend all ingredients well.
Then transfer the mixture to a saucepan on medium heat. As the sauce starts to cook, you will notice the bubbles from blending begin to go away. Whisk the sauce as it will begin to thicken. Once the sauce starts to thicken, continue whisking until you reach the desired thickness. Keep in mind that this sauce will also thicken a bit if you are using it in a recipe that will be baked in the oven.
It’s time to stop missing out and indulge that mozzarella cheese craving. Have fun experimenting with adding this sauce to different recipes.
- 1 cup cashew/almond milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend all ingredients well.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat.
- As the sauce starts to cook, you will notice the bubbles from blending begin to go away. Whisk the sauce as it will begin to thicken.
- Once the sauce starts to thicken, continue whisking until you reach the desired thickness.
- Keep in mind that this sauce will also thicken a bit more if you are using it in a recipe that will be baked in the oven.