Looking for a delicious, dairy free dessert that’s easy to make? Well, you just hit the jack pot with this recipe for dairy free peach cobbler or dairy free apple cobbler. Your choice depending on what fruit is in season or what fruit you happen to have available. I typically use fresh fruit for this recipe but you could also use frozen or canned fruit. This recipe is much easier to make than a traditional, southern, drop biscuit cobbler. It is so tasty you can serve it plain but if you prefer, you can add a scoop of dairy free vanilla ice cream or dairy free whipped topping.
Can I use a fruit other than peaches or apples in this dairy free cobbler?
Yes, you definitely can. Although peach and apple cobbler are the most popular, you can also use berries such as blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries for this recipe.
Watch the Recipe Video
What ingredients do I need to make this dairy free cobbler?
This dairy free cobbler can be whipped up in no time and uses ingredients you probably already have around the house. The main ingredients you will need are: sugar, a dairy free milk alternative, flour, baking powder, fruit, and a dairy free butter. I also use vanilla and cinnamon but these can be optional.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dairy free milk alternative (almond, oat, cashew)
- ½ tsp. vanilla (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tbsp. dairy free butter alternative ( 1 Tbsp. per ramekin)
- 1 cup peach or apple or other fruit (approx. ½ cup of fruit per ramekin, 1 cup for 8x8 baking dish)
- Peal and cut one peach or apple into slices
- Add one tablespoon of sugar to fruit, stir, let sit for at least 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place two ramekins on a cookie sheet and add 1 Tbsp. dairy free butter alternative to each ramekin or use 8x8 baking dish with 2 Tbsp. butter alternative.
- Place ramekins or baking dish in the oven for 5-8 minutes until the dairy free butter is melted (be sure to set a timer and remove from oven).
- While you are waiting, combine the following ingredients in a separate bowl: 1 cup sugar 1 cup dairy free milk alternative ½ tsp. vanilla 1 cup flour 2 tsp. baking powder ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Whisk ingredients together until a smooth batter consistency
- Add this batter to the two ramekins or one 8x8 baking dish with the melted butter
- Add the fruit to the ramekins or baking dish, stir into batter
- Return ramekins or baking dish to the 350° oven
- Cook for approximately 45 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- The baking time will also depend on what type of fruit you use. I suggest setting your timer for 45 minutes and checking the cobbler with a toothpick. Then add more time if needed.