Whether you call it hot chocolate or hot cocoa, a warm mug of it on a chilly day or night can really hit the spot. It may also conjure up scenes of comforting memories by a warm fire or during the holiday season. So when friends and family are enjoying their mugs of hot chocolate, now those of us with dairy issues can join them.
Watch the Recipe Video
Quick, easy, and delicious dairy free hot chocolate
Making a mug of delicious, dairy free hot chocolate is quick and easy with this recipe. It literally only takes a few minutes. This recipe is also easily adaptable as you can always add a little more sugar or cocoa depending on your taste preference. You only need your favorite mug, a microwave and a few ingredients.
One of the main ingredients you will need is baking cocoa. Most brands are naturally dairy free but always check the ingredient label to be on the safe side. You will also need the following ingredients: sugar, hot water, vanilla, a dairy free milk alternative, and some mini marshmallows.
Curl up in your favorite comfortable spot and enjoy!
Check out our Dairy Free Peanut Butter Cookie recipe
- 1 tbsp. baking cocoa
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup water (microwave for 1 minute)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup dairy free, plant based milk (Ex: almond, oat, cashew, etc.)
- mini marshmallows (optional)
- Add at least one tablespoon of baking cocoa to a large mug. (If you want a more chocolatey flavor, add a little more cocoa -about 1/2 tablespoon more.)
- Next, add at least 1 tablespoon of sugar to the mug. (If you like more of a sweet taste, add a little more sugar.)
- Pour in the hot water that has been microwaved for one minute. Stir well to break up any chunks of cocoa.
- Add the vanilla and dairy free milk alternative. Stir well.
- top with a handful of mini marshmallows
- microwave for about 1 minute